Thursday, August 16, 2007

An Engagement ... Mine, In Fact

Important bit of news: Alaska is absolutely, positively beautiful!

More important bit of news: We had a wonderful, productive visit with the Zimmerman family.

Most important bit of news: Tait and I are engaged!

We look forward to a life together spent serving the Lord and giving Him the glory for all of the the miraculous ways He has worked.


There are a few old, familiar hymns that particularly stand out to me at this wonderful time.

"Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him, all creatures here below.
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."


"Great is thy faithfulness, great is thy faithfulness.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed thy hand hath provided.
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me."


"Praise the Lord, praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord!, praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice!
Oh come to the Father through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory,

Great things He hath done!”


More breathtaking pictures, animated stories, and informative updates coming soon on my family's blog!

********

Tait has also posted an engagement announcement on his blog, Not by Bread Alone.

4 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Congratulations Lauren! It sounds exciting! God's best to you and Tait.

Lauren said...

Thank you, Anna Naomi! I've enjoyed reading your blog at various times!

Blessings,
Lauren

Meredith Ivy said...

Dear Lauren,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment at my new blog!

I just came across your blog a few weeks ago, but have thoroughly enjoyed reading through your old posts and seeing how God has worked through your amazing courtship story. I can't even begin to express how blessed and encouraged I have been as I have read about your courtship and engagement...

I live in a very small town where there are very few like-minded families and practically no "potential suitors", so it has been a joke within our family for years that I would possibly meet my future husband at one of the Vision Forum conferences we attend. It was such an encouragement to read about how you and Tait met, even though you are from opposite sides of the country, and how your courtship worked, and now that y'all are even engaged! :)

I have read some of Tait's blog posts also and he seems like such a godly young man! I am rejoicing with you as a sister in Christ as you embark on this new journey! I look forward to reading about how God continues to work in your life!

Thank you so much for sharing your story.


Meredith Alexander
strivingtoserveathome.blogspot.com


P.S. I attend church with the Kilpatrick family, who I believe you stayed with during the Jamestowne Celebration in June. Mrs. Kilpatrick has said several times how sweet of girls you and your sister were, and what a blessing it was to have y'all stay with them. :)

Lauren said...

Hello Meredith! Thank you so much for your encouragement and kindness!

The conference we met Tait at was the very first one we went to. We say it was "the first time off the island." (My sister or me meeting a guy never crossed any of our minds. I had just turned eighteen.) There are very, very few like-minded families here as well, so it was such a blessing meeting so many at this and subsequent conferences!

We did look around us every once in awhile and wonder where in the world godly young men were going to come from. It was amazing to see how the Lord worked. Trust in Him, and never compromise your standards or lower your expectations! Pray!

It's so nice to hear that our story has been an encouragement to you!

Yes, my sister and I stayed with the Kilpatricks during the Jamestown Quadricentennial. They were such a blessing, and it was a wonderful joy watching their family. They were a great example of what a godly family should be!

Meredith, I look forward to some wonderful communication between our blogs.

Have a fantastic day, and God bless!
~Lauren